Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our love story

We met February 7th 1997 at an Airforce base quite close to my home in Australia. What was I doing at an airforce base you may ask. Well my best friend convinced me that we should go out to the "Nuk" which is the airforce dance club/bar. Her husband had just been deployed. I was not really excited about going as I just got my wrist out of plaster(cast) earlier that day. So we gathered a few friends and off to the "Nuk" we went. My best friend had told me before we headed out that a bunch of Americans just landed today. Why was she telling me this I thought. I was in a relationship that I really needed to get out off as it was not going well. So after a couple of hours of dancing and carrying on, that's when this guy had approached me and asked if I wanted to dance. I about fell to feet as he spoke to me. I remember replying "you are american" His reply looking a little confused was yes. So anyways the night went on and we talked and danced none stop for a few hours. Towards the end of the night(1.00am) we decided to leave for another dance club. He had asked for my phone number and I happily gave it to him. As I was leaving he had told me that he will call me. My thinking was yeah right. Well at 8.30 Saturday morning he called. I was shocked but thrilled. We had gotten home at 6.00am Saturday morning from having a fun night out, I was beat. So Saturday we met up and spent a great day together. So long story short we spent everynight and everyweekend together for the next two months. I knew that he was heading back to Japan after the two months so I was trying not to get too attached. Well that was very hard to do and we both fell for each other. I remember a week before he left Australia he had asked me if I would ever considering moving to U.S so we could be together. WOW that was huge. Anyways I told him I would consider thinking about that. Before he left Australia to continue with his work in Japan he gave me 6 letters to open one each week that I was gone. I was flying out with two friends to travel Europe for six weeks. No contact for 6 weeks. However he did call my parents to see if they have heard from me. I thought that was sweet. On the way home from Europe we had a 9 hour layover in Japan. We were sitting at the airport with hardly any money for 9 hours and I could not even see my love. The base was too far away from the airport for him to travel. I think that was one of the hardest times of our dating. Moving on I called him when I arrived home and told him that I was going to Japan to spend two weeks with him. It was great. At this time we knew we were meant to be together forever. 1 1/2 years later I joined him in the States and have been happily married for 10 years. He is my best friend,a wonderful husband and great father to our children. I couldn't imagine life any other way

4 comments:

Becky Jensen said...

that was a great story!! thanks for sharing!

Nick Amanda and Carter said...

I enjoyed reading "your" story!! Thats great how two people can fall in love!

KellyAnne said...

That is a very cool story, and you guys are a very cute couple! It's been fun to get to know you better!

Ros said...

What a beautiful story... it really is!