Saturday, August 16, 2008

2nd Opionion

So we needed to have our brakes checked on our car. I was pretty sure that we were going to need to replace them. I took the car into a well know tire place here in town that proceeded to do a free brake check. After 45 minutes he comes out to tell me that we need new brakes, 4 new tires as the front of the inside tires were totally wore down to a bad wheel alignment problem and the back tires were wearing down thin.

I was quite surprised at his finding as the tires were only about 8 months old. Total damage to get everything fixed about $1100.00. Went home to discuss this with Harry and said that we should proceed to get the brakes fixed but he suggested on getting another quote from another well known firm here in town.

New brakes was really the only thing needed. Tires were in excellent shape with no sign of any alignment problem and had even tread across the tires.

We just saved ourselves $760.00. My advise is always get a 2nd Opionion when dealing with work on cars....

3 comments:

Becky Jensen said...

thats awful! we had a similar experiance with a furnace, its a awful feeling to be taken advantage of.

KellyAnne said...

Good work! I'm glad it turned out better. It stinks having to put money into cars!
Did you find someone to give your girls clothes to? If you still have some we may be interested...

Ros said...

hmmm that's not very impressive!! I'm glad you took the time to get a second opinion. I was always skeptical at Jiffy Lube when I'd take the car in for an oil change and they'd tell me about ten other things that needed replacing.